[TN-Bird] Re: Corker's non-response response re: Migratory Bird Treaty Act

  • From: Richard Blanton <zsleepyz72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lydap@xxxxxxxxxxx" <lydap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 11:28:55 -0400

I like the script from the American Bird Conservancy better but I sent both. I
also sent a private Facebook message to the author of the amendment. I too
plan on contacting the congressional leadership.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 16, 2015, at 11:22 AM, Lyda Phillips <lydap@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Unfortunately not. I went through an Audubon link with standard text but
augmented that with quite a lot of personal commentary.

Here's the link:

https://www.audubon.org/news/against-bird-killer-amendment

Lyda Phillips
(301) 518-7538 (cell)
www.lydaphillips.com
writerworking.blogspot.com/

CC: lydap@xxxxxxxxxxx; tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: scpjmartin@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Bird] Re: Corker's non-response response re: Migratory Bird
Treaty Act
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 10:14:57 -0500
To: grahamgerdeman@xxxxxxxxx

Good morning. Would it be possible for you to share your communication to
Corker that I / we could use as a draft for our own communication?

Thanks,
Steve
Moore County

On Jun 16, 2015, at 9:57 AM, Graham <grahamgerdeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for sharing, Lyda. We all need to be hitting them with this. Corker
and his peers have billions of dollars worth of corporate donors in one ear,
and those concerned with conservation in the other. We only have a chance
with big numbers.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015, 9:52 AM Lyda Phillips <lydap@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Ms. Phillips,
Thank you for taking the time to contact my office to share your concerns
about the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. Your opinion is important to me, and I
appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.
The preservation of wildlife and the environment is very important to me. I
believe we as elected officials have the responsibility of enacting
legislation that protects our abundant natural resources for future
generations to enjoy. While it is necessary that we reign in spending and
work to balance the budget, we must make sure that this is not done to the
detriment of our natural resources. As we go through the appropriations
process, I will certainly take into consideration your concerns about our
natural resources and programs that encourage ecosystem restoration.
Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your
thoughts with me.
Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator