[TN-Bird] Re: Coons raiding hummingbird feeder

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "viclcsw@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: lynnedavis865@xxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 18:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

I caught raccoons in the act of drinking from my hummingbird feeder during the
winter months.  The raccoon turned the feeder up and drank from it  like it was
a glass.  I responded by bringing it inside at night for a while and the raids
stopped.  I've only had one incident since April with the feeder bottom laying
on the ground by morning.  They haven't bothered the hour-glass shaped feeders.

Vickie