[TN-Bird] Common-Forster

  • From: "Jerry Webb" <theprojectroom@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 02:23:14 GMT

Thanks for all of the input on the Terns.  Forster-Common has always been a
tough one for me.  I guessed Common in the field, with the potential they might
be Forster's.  When I got home I consulted my Sibley guide, and it show the
Forster's to have the longer tail, and the Common to be shorter.  Some of these
photos appear to have a longer tail, but to be honest, sometimes I have trouble
with what is tail and what is wing, but here are some more really poor photos.
I did catch part of one on the wing and there is a definite black line in the
tail that my Sibley guide indicates that is probably Common. Also I see the
dark carpal bar in a couple of them which also indicates Common.   I'd really
like to know, the Forster will be a new Tennessee bird for me, but I don't want
to put it on my list if it isn't legit. You guys are helping me improve my
identification skills.  I am planning in the near future to create a "UFO"
folder on my FLIKR acct to get some help with some other stuff that I am having
trouble with.  I'll post when I get it done and again help is greatly
appreciated,  jw  Jerry Webb
Hendersonville Tennessee  Jerry Webb
The Project Room Studio
111 Freehill Rd, Hendersonville TN 37075
615 300 7026
The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar &#40;Don&#39;t Eat This!&#41;
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/535f0d706f4d0d704c19st04duc