[TN-Bird] Re: Common Loon, Bald Eagle at Radnor Lake, Davidson Co.

  • From: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jdfroesch@xxxxxxxxx>, Jan Shaw <jankshaw@xxxxxxx>, tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:02:03 -0600

Thanks, John. I'm assisting with the Radnor CBC this Saturday, and we'll take
this into consideration.
I may be showing my inexperience here, but is the loon considered "countable"
for the CBC? It was, after all, "wild" a short time ago. If not, how does one
differentiate certain rehabbedor "released" birds from individuals that've not
been handled? How would I know, for instance,if a bald eagle had been "hacked"
or not?
What with the whole hooded crane debate, I had to ask.
Ed SchneiderDavidson Co.
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 20:44:01 -0800
From: jdfroesch@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Bird] Re: Common Loon, Bald Eagle at Radnor Lake, Davidson Co.
To: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx; tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FYI - The loon was a release, possible from Walden's Puddle or other rehab.
facility. I was out there late in the day and spoke with a contractor who saw
the release take place earlier in the day near the old Visitor Center. Staff
was gone so I don't know if they were notified.
John FroeschauerNashville