[TN-Bird] Common Ground-Dove

  • From: <terrywitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:48:18 -0500

Good news on the dove - it was seen again this evening and better yet, we have
permission from the property owner to see it this weekend.  He will continue to
throw out corn, and the chance of the bird still being present should be very
high.

Here is the plan:  I will meet anyone interested at 8AM CST Saturday morning at
the large State Farm office on US 231N leaving Murfreesboro toward Lebanon.
This is at the corner of Haynes Drive in one direction and DeJarnette Lane the
other, which cross 231.  It will be the last traffic light before reaching the
VA Hospital.  If the weather is terrible, we can try for Sunday instead.
Anyone who plans to come, please let me know by e-mail, so I have some idea who
to expect.  If you plan to come but change your mind, please call me (cell 615
849-5667).  I hope we can all observe the bird at somewhat long range per
scope, and then anyone interested can move closer for photos etc.  If we flush
the bird, or it is not around when we arrive, a chair of some sort might be a
good idea.  I have no idea how long the wait might be between visits.  The
location is only a few minutes from our meeting point.

Cheers

Terry Witt
Murfreesboro Tn 37130