[TN-Bird] Comical crows imaging away!!

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:56:47 EST

Yesterday morning from 10-11 AM, I attended a meeting in the 6th floor
"solarium" meeting room of the Hampton Inn--Green Hills here in Nashville.
Just as
the meeting began, a crow found its way to the tinted glass ceiling of the
room, where, upon seeing its own image, it began pecking away at its
"adversary."
 At first, it caused a titter of laughter among the group at the meeting, but
then some of the crow's "friends" came along and began "fighting their
adversaries" as well.  Most flew away, but one persistent crow kept coming
back.  It
kept its act going as competition to the speaker at the meeting who got a
nice laugh when he referred to the crow as having been sent as a representative
of the competition to the speaker's cause.  There were about 5 or 6 crows
involved from time to time.  They'd fly away then come back around, land on the
roof and attack their own images.  So much for massive glass structures.  I
used
to have an eastern kingbird that imaged yearly on the big plate glass window
of the library where I worked out north of Nashville.  That poor bird used to
"fight himself" all day long during mating season.

Cheers & prayers,

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN