[TN-Bird] Clarksville Waterfowl

  • From: "Cyndi Routledge" <routledges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 15:05:44 -0600

Afternoon birders...acting on the post from Stanley York of earlier today we
took a quick drive over to the Shell Station on Riverside Drive here in
Clarksville shortly after 1:30 pm to take a look at the newly formed "lake"
created by the Marina development.  Temps were in the lower 30's with light
snow falling as we got our our scope to take a look.  The following is what we
found:
4 Northern Shovelers
7 Lesser Scaup
1 Ruddy Duck
8 Black Vultures
7 Ring-billed Gulls
1 Belted Kingfisher
5 American Crows
We then ran by Swan Lake at Dunbar Cave and took a look.  The CANVASBACK is
still there as is the PIED-BILLED GREBE . We also had 12 MALLARDS.  The Canada
Geese were a no show today...at least during our short stay.

Steve and I would like to give our a shout of thanks to Mr. York...we now know
of yet another place in Clarksville to bird.

As always,
Happy Birding!
Steve and Cyndi Routledge
Clarksville, TN

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature,
 he finds it attached to the rest of the world."
~John Muir