[TN-Bird] Chough Correction

  • From: David B Coe <davidbcoeauthor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TNbirds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 12:16:06 -0600

So it seems I owe the list an apology. The friend who wrote me about the bird
and sent me the photo I circulated yesterday, saw a bird she couldn’t identify,
found a photo online that looked like the bird she had seen, and sent that
photo to me. Her message said, “I saw this bird today. What is it?” And I
misunderstood, thinking she meant that she had seen and photographed THAT exact
bird.

So, there is no Alpine Chough in South Carolina, escaped or imported or wild.
She is not a birder. Forced to guess, I’d say she saw a European Starling,
found a picture of a dark bird with a bright yellow bill, and sent it to me.

My deepest apologies for misunderstanding her email.

Happy birding,

David
*****
David B. Coe
www.DavidBCoe.com
www.dbjackson-author.com

Now Available: SPELL BLIND, by David B. Coe
HIS FATHER’S EYES, by David B. Coe

THIEFTAKER, by D.B. Jackson
THIEVES' QUARRY, by D.B. Jackson
A PLUNDER OF SOULS, by D.B. Jackson