[TN-Bird] Chattanooga TOS field trip

  • From: Hiker410@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:25:47 EDT

On Saturday, July 16th, CTOS had a field trip to Arnold AFB, in  Tullahoma,
Tn.  A special
thanks go out to John Lamb and Don Davidson.  We helped John net and band 4
henslow's
sparrows.  After leaving the AFB Don took us around to some birding hotspots
in and around the Tullahoma and Manchester, Tn. area.  Joining our trip were
Gayle King, from
Memphis TOS and Tom Howe from Knoxville TOS.  It was a delight to have their
added
knowledge.  Below are the highlights:  56 species seen.

northern harrier
american kestrel
acadian flycatcher
wood thrush
white-eyed vireo
prairie, pronthonotary, hooded warbler, La. waterthrush, yellow-breasted chat
grasshopper, henslow's sparrow
blue grosbeak
dickcissel
orchard oriole