[TN-Bird] Cedar Waxwing in west Nashville

  • From: "Mark Crowell" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "marktc22@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 03:02:48 +0000 (UTC)

There are some berry bushes as part of the landscape of an office building on
the corner of Westwood and 21st. On Thursday the 19th temperatures never got
above freezing. Most trees and bushes were covered in a layer of ice. However,
somehow this bush (close to the mirrored office building on a sunny day) had
thawed to reveal its berries. Hundreds of robins descended on the bush. I am
certain I witnessed a pair of cedar waxwings taking part in the raid,
unmolested by the robins.