[TN-Bird] Cattle Egrets

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 22:19:37 -0400

TN-birders,

Frank Bills, Sharon Bostick, Dollyann, & I were in Meigs County this afternoon
coming home, when Frank spotted a group of Cattle Egrets in a farm field. When
we turned around and went back for a better look we counted 46 birds. The farm
field is on Highway 58, about a mile south of the Roane County line, where a
side road called Mitchell Road comes in from the East. The farm field is South
of Mitchell Road and East of Highway 58.

This is the largest group of Cattle Egrets I’ve ever seen in eastern TN.

Great birding,

Ron Hoff & Dollyann Myers
Clinton, TN