[tn-bird] Campbell County NAMDC

  • From: Jimi Moore <jimimoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 22:00:39 -0400

A preliminary tally tonight of the birds for the Migration Day County
today in
Campell County, TN is 108, with hopefully more reports to come in still.
 Highlights are Veery/ Warbling Vireo
a new location for Grasshopper Sparrows near Doaks Creek up the Valley.
50+ Cliff Swallows at Doaks Creek building nest on the side of the
bridge.
(For the count week- yesterday- a Sedge Wren and a Connecticutt Warbler
were seen)
**Note: I am compiling the Campbell County Count, and understand there
were several birders at Cove Lake today and the vicinity. PLEASE  send
your sightings/ numbers to me if you can asap  so I can complete the
forms  and I will submit it to Ron Hoff / state compiler. I imagine there
are a few more birds some of you saw that I missed that will be added !
I will send out more detail on sightings/migrants summary etc. when I
receive all reports.
Thank you.

Nell Moore
jimimoore@xxxxxxxx