[TN-Bird] Camden WMA - roseate spoonbill

  • From: "wodu1440 tds.net" <wodu1440@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-bird Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 18:23:30 -0500

Camden WMA
Unit 2
Benton County
08/23/13

Well low and behold I stumbled upon the same spoonbill in Camden Bottoms,
which is just across the river from the Duck River Bottoms  It was feeding
in a small puddle right next to a field road  Let my drive by 15' away and
of course I had no camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was by the same spot day before
yesterday and it was not there.  Lots of potential places for it to feed in
Camden Bottoms many of which are hidden and not readily accessible.  I
would not recommend a car driving to where it was located.  An SUV or
pickup would be a must.  I have M&S load range E tires on my truck which
are also thicker than standard vehicle tires, which are usually load range
C.  It would not be a bad walk but a couple of ditches have to be crossed
with a few inches of water in them.
If you really want to look for it there contact me for detailed
directions.

Clayton Ferrell