[TN-Bird] Re: CBC's this year

  • From: Carole Gobert <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Scott Somershoe <scott.somershoe@xxxxxx>, Tennessee Bird List <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 11:53:29 -0500

There is information on the four Knoxville area CBCs in the current KTOS
newsletter.  http://www.tnbirds.org/downloads/KTOScurrent.pdf

Carole Gobert, Knoxville

From: Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Bird] CBC's this year
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 16:04:02 +0000

As a follow up to Carole Gobert’s post about the Audubon CBC page (link below)
for finding a Christmas Bird Count near you, the page is still not
active/functional and the CBC period starts in less than 2 weeks.  Less than
half of the usual
 CBC’s conducted in the state have had dates posted on TN-bird or anywhere as
far as I can tell.  I assume these counts will be done again this year.

Let’s hear about the other counts around the state and work on engaging birders
that follow TN-Bird but have not been involved with CBC’s before and/or are not
a part of TOS.  This is a good opportunity to engage new folks.

http://birds.audubon.org/get-involved-christmas-bird-count-find-count-near-you

Scott Somershoe