[TN-Bird] Buffleheads - Williamson County TN

  • From: "Sylvia Anglin" <sang905@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 09:06:43 -0500

Hi, birders.

Yesterday evening on my way home from work, i stopped to confirm what i thought
i saw on my way in to work: Buffleheads on a golf course pond, at the junction
of Crockett Springs Trail and Moores Lane in Brentwood.

I counted 7 or 8 pairs, maybe 9. (I'm not sure because some of them were so
busy diving!) It was delightful to see them in such a small and accessible
spot, and after the calendar says Spring.

Aside from the resident Canada geese, i also one pair of Northern Shovelers on
the pond.

Happy birding!
Sylvia Anglin
Nashville