[TN-Bird] Buff-breasted Sandpipers; Millington Regional Jetport, Shelby Co

  • From: Michael Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 13:28:04 -0700 (PDT)

9/17/2011
Millington Regional Jetport, Shelby Co TN

My father and I spent the day in Millington yesterday, enjoying my other
fascination (military aviation) at the 2011 Memphis airshow. Excellent show,
and
about the time things had temporarily calmed down while waiting the B-2 flyby,
noticed a group of shorebirds flying over the airfield in the distance. When I
got home and looked at the photos I took, they were 8 Buff-breasted Sandpipers.
I saw them get up another time later as well. If anybody is interested in
airshows, etc I will have a lot of photos up shortly. This was my first airshow
since getting my current camera setup, and I was very happy with the results I
got.

Good Birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN