[TN-Bird] Brainerd Levee, Hamilton County, Sunday November 4

  • From: "Kevin A. Calhoon" <kac@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dusty wright" <dlwright_19@xxxxxxxxx>, <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ray Zimmerman" <znaturalist@xxxxxxxxx>, "Harold Sharp" <sharp_h@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:16:19 -0500

John Dever, Lisa Flores and I walked (and waded) the Brainerd Levee
behind Boyd Buchanan on Sunday November 4.  There was a lot of bird
activity, more than on the TOS fieldtrip on October 28.  The highlights
included:

-          1 Lincoln's Sparrow

-          6 Vesper Sparrow (my high count ever for the levee)

-          Swamp Sparrows

-          Savannah Sparrows

-          White-throated Sparrows

-          3 Rusty Blackbirds (first for season)

-          2 American Pipits

-          1  Common Yellowthroat (first November record for levee)

-          1 Palm Warbler

-          1 Wilson's Snipe

-          2 Northern Pintail

-          2 Northern Shoveler