[TN-Bird] Brainerd Levee Birds - Virginia Rail

  • From: "Kevin A. Calhoon" <kac@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ray Zimmerman" <znaturalist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:28:40 -0400

Dan Jacobson, Gary Brunvoll , John Dever and I walked the thick grass
along the waters edge behind Boyd-Buchanan school at the Brainerd Levee
on Sunday October 18. We flushed a Virginia Rail which is a very
uncommon bird away from the Standifer Gap Marsh for SE TN. We also
observed 2 Sedge Wrens.

Dan and I walked the same area on October 7 and flushed four Sedge
Wrens, one Marsh Wren and a female Bobolink.

Kevin Calhoon

Assistant Curator of Forests

Tennessee Aquarium

423-785-4070