[TN-Bird] Bradley Co-willow flycatcher

  • From: davchaffin@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:13:21 -0400

 TN birders,

On 24Jun, while working on my Bradley Co year list, I targeted the marsh beside
Home Depot and the Cleveland Greenway.  Within the first minute after getting
out of the car, heard the familiar fitz-bew call several times coming from the
willows.  Tried for some time to see the bird that was calling, but to no avail
that day.  On Wed(6Jul), finally got a visual on the bird while walking my
daily 3 miles on the greenway.

To my knowledge, this may be a first county record for the county, but I am
sure someone on the listserv can tell me for sure that more skills in
researching available data.

That bring my year total for Bradley to 139, not too shabby for a county with
essentially no waterfowl or shorebird habitat.  Breaks my previous record in
2009 of 127, and am hoping for some fall migrant additions.

David Chaffin
Cleveland TN
Bradley Co