[TN-Bird] Boone Lake Dam Red-necked Grebes and more

  • From: "SoMrFly ." <rackcross@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN-birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 23:18:04 -0500

Rack Cross
Boone Lake Dam
Blountville,TN
Sullivan County
.
Arriving at Boone Lake Dam just after noon I joined Richard Lewis birding
along with Jay and Deb from Bluff City, TN. The Red-necked Grebes were
scattered across the viewing area as were Ring-billed Gulls. Only two
Canada Geese meaning the Red-necked Grebes outnumbered Canada Geese 25:1 !
.
Highlights included:
.
Redhead - 2
White-winged Scoter - 1
Long-tailed Duck - 1
Red-breasted Merganser - 9
*Red-necked Grebe - 50*
.
"I remember when Red-necked Grebes were rare around here,"
.
Rack Cross
Blountville, TN