[TN-Bird] Bold Titmouse and shy heron

  • From: Lynne Davis <ldavis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 16:48:17 +0000

Saturday afternoon, upon returning from the KTOS field trip to Wears Valley, I
went out to my pasture pond to feed the bluegills and startled a Great Blue
Heron into flight before I realized it was there.

Sunday, I was adding seed to the feeder on my back porch when a Titmouse flew
in.  It landed in several places in full view of the cat, then landed on the
feeder, grabbed a seed and flew off, all while I was still holding the feeder.

Lynne Davis
Seymour, TN