[TN-Bird] Bobolinks, Sora, and beaucoup Savannah Sparrows at Cherokee Farm

  • From: "Welsh, Christopher J E" <cwelsh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 01:14:52 +0000

I stopped by Cherokee Farm in Knoxville after work today (5:30-7:10 pm,
Tuesday, October 13th) hoping to see the Bobolinks again. Got carried away
chasing sparrows, pretty much all of which ended up being Savannahs (at least
the ones I got a decent look at). Flushed a SORA by almost stepping on it in
the tall grass. Saw a couple of Palm Warblers and 3 snipe.
At about 6:40 I saw two and then two more Bobolinks fly in and then spent the
next half hour 'til the sun went down trying to get a decent photo. Decent =
Identifiable, not to be confused with good.

Chris Welsh
Knoxville, TN