[tn-bird] Re: Blue-winged teal and pileated woodpecker on Riverport Road

  • From: Robert <rwf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 13:18:37 -0600

Linda Kuczwanski wrote:
 > Today a drive along Riverport Road after dinner yielded a blue-winged
 > teal and a pileated woodpecker.  I also saw a flicker busy drilling
 > out a big hole in a sycamore.
 >
 > Linda Kuczwanski
 > Memphis, TN

In Memphis, if your list doesn't yet include Cedar Waxwings...
go to the Wolf River Greenbelt behind the Walmart on Germantown
Parkway.

Walk east from the bridge down the asphalt path between the pond
and the river. Continue till the path forks. Take the left fork
( toward the Wolf River ), jump the muddy low spot in the path,
then go up the sandy part of the path toward the river bluff.

There will be a sign, warning you that the path is not fully
developed past this sign. Be quiet, push your way past the sign
and boom!

three Downy Woodpeckers
five Cedar Waxwings

http://topozone.com/map.asp?z=16&n=3889268&e=244856&s=25