[TN-Bird] Blue-headed Vireo - Knox

  • From: kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:48:50 -0400 (EDT)

Work and other commitments have kept me from doing any serious
birding for the last couple of months (except for a side trip
to Shiawasse NWR near Saginaw while in Michigan last month...
"There's no bunting like Snow Bunting it's like no bunting I
know" with acknowledgements to Allan Trently for that ditty).

Anyway, it was nice to hear my first-of-year BLUE-HEADED VIREO
singing in our woods when I took the dog out this morning (Wed,
31 March)

On Sunday (28 March) Amber and I were sitting on the couch
depressed having just watched the Vols lose out on a trip to
the Final Four when I looked over and spotted a WILD TURKEY
calmly walking through our front yard.  A long overdue new
yardbird.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN