[TN-Bird] Bluebirds adjust to loss of parent

  • From: Viclcsw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:25:01 -0400 (EDT)

On June 8th the bluebird female of my second brood nesting pair was  last
seen, leaving three juveniles and five nestlings with only one  parent.  I
have been amazed to see how quickly the three  juveniles' behavior has changed
from casual play and hunting, to taking a  serious role in helping feed the
nestlings, as well as, guarding the nest  area.

Yesterday I witnessed the last of the juveniles learn to navigate the  nest
guard in order to feed the nestlings.  You can see a video of this on  my
current blog post:  _http://vickiehenderson.blogspot.com/_
(http://vickiehenderson.blogspot.com/)

It will tug at your heart strings and stir other  questions.

Vickie Henderson
Knoxville, TN
Knox County

_http://_ (http://vickiehendersonsketchbook.blogspot.com/)