[TN-Bird] Bluebird tag: TWRA Commissioner responds

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:17:02 -0600

TN-Birders:

Boyd Sharp of Knoxville, TN forward the issues being discussed about the
"Bluebird"
auto tag 20% increase to Bill Cox, TWRA-Commissioner, Collierville.   Mr. Cox
has
responded to what was presented on TN-Birds and you may read his comments.  I
think they are very interesting.

Let's go birding...

Wallace Coffey
Bristol, TN
---------------------------------------FORWARD----------------------------------------------------

Sharpbirds,

I received a forwarded email from you through someone else. I thought I might
respond.

The most important point you make is that the Tennessee Arts Commission gets
45% of the money from all vanity plates except the "Bluebird" plate. It is
legal extortion put upon us by the legislature. Sen. Steve Cohen of Memphis is
the primary force behind this.

It would be helpful for all who are concerned to write their Senators and
Representatives and the Governor's office protesting this theft of wildlife
money.

The increase in cost of the tags did not come from or at the request of the
TWRA. Those decisions are legislative.

Thanks for the interest.

Bill Cox
TWRA-Commissioner