[TN-Bird] Re: Blount county Red-necked grebes

  • From: Robin Barrow <braveladyrobin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdglass44 <birdglass44@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 13:25:31 -0500

I went to Louisville Point Park this morning around 10:30-11:10. I ran into
Stephany McNew, Chuck Estes, and Mike Ryan. Thankfully, the latter two had
scopes, which were set up at the boat ramp. While the 2 Red-necked Grebes
and 3 Horned Grebes did eventually come in close enough for binoculars, I
would have been unsure of the IDs. One of the Horned Grebes is coming into
its breeding plumage, with distinct red and yellow sections on the face and
neck. Also present was 1 Canvasback, and the Brown-headed Nuthatches were
calling from the pines.

Robin Barrow