[TN-Bird] Black-throated Sparrow in TN - photos

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ARBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, albirds@xxxxxxxxxxx, BIRDCHAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, eupoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, afsalhany@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:17:05 EST

Dec. 1, 2005

Morris Williams made a great discovery on Nov. 29, when he walked up on a
Black-throated Sparrow near Elora, TN in Lincoln Co. Elora is just north of the

Tennessee State line and directly north of Huntsville Alabama.

I got a few photos of the bird the next morning and have put them on the
following web page:

_http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/blackthroated_sp_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/blackthroated_sp)

The area is a 15 minute walk back from the road but Morris has arrange to
approach across another land owners property for birders. They are timbering in

the area so please stay out of their way and don't get stuck by going too
far.  Directions from Morris Williams:

We can approach from the east and drive within 100 yards of the bird.   To do
this we cross the Dennison property.

To reach the Dennison Farm go north from Elora on  Hwy 121 about 1.5 miles
and turn left (west) on Red House Road.  Go past  the cemetery to the first
road
on the right (north).  This is Milner's  Switch.  It dead-ends at the
Dennison Compound. There are also lots of  signs directing people to the
Dennison
Family Farm.

I told them that I would place a registry at the entrance for visitors to
sign.  This will let them know who we are.  I plan to place signs  tomorrow (1
Dec.) to aid visitors.  I will try to post a drawing of the  bird at strategic
points on the farm.  Becky is working on the drawing  now.
Basically drive past the Dennison residence and  tool sheds.  About a 100
yards beyond,  turn right onto an implement  path and go to the end and park.
Use common sense.  Don't go too far  and get stuck.  These people are too busy
to pull cars out of the  mud.

Good Birding  !!!
Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6298 Memphis-Arlington Road