[TN-Bird] Black-throated Sparrow, Broad-tailed Hummingbird

  • From: <terrywitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:41:25 -0500

Just home yesterday morning from 3 weeks birding in the southern hemisphere
only to find that things here in Tennessee were hopping (pun intended).  My
wife and I set out early this morning to Elora, and thanks to the wonderful
instructions and signs, were on site at 9 AM.  We had been there but a few
minutes when Morris came strolling up to let us know that he had seen the
sparrow earlier that morning.  Within 10 minutes we had wonderful views in thre
usual location, and then set off for Chattanooga.  We picked up my daughter on
the way, a newly fledged attorney (second pun intended) and headed up Signal
Mountain.  Dan and Joan were extremely accomodating, and the hummingbird was
seen perched and feeding in their lovely yard.  Two new state birds in one day,
and some fine winter weather thrown in, life is good

Terry Witt
Murfreesboro Tn 37130