[TN-Bird] Black-chinned Hummer banded in Montgomery County, TN

  • From: Cynthia Anne Routledge <routledges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 12:48:56 -0600

Afternoon Tn-birdersŠ
I had the pleasure of banding a female hatch-year Black-chinned Hummingbird
this morning in Montgomery County at a private residence. I had received a
call about a winter hummer earlier in the week and made an attempt to catch
it on Thursday but it was a "no-show². At around 7:30 am this morning
(Saturday) the homeowner called to tell me the bird had returned.
Barely over an hour later I had captured and banded the bird.

Unfortunately the situation is not conducive to public viewing for a number
of reasons. First and foremost because the hummer is very sporadic,
disappearing for hours and even days at a time. The homeowners have promised
to contact me if the bird becomes more predictable and perhaps then
arrangements can be made for viewing.

Proof that it pays to keep your hummingbird feeders up and maintained all
winter.

I¹ll keep you all posted if the situation changes.

<")
( \
/ |` Cyndi Routledge
Southeastern Avian Research
Specializing in Winter Hummingbird banding
1515 N. Willow Bend Court
Clarksville, TN 37043
931-206-3517