[TN-Bird] Re: Black-and-White Warbler, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Waterthrushes, Radnor Lake, Davidson Co

  • From: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jan Shaw <jankshaw1@xxxxxxxxx>, tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 16:46:59 -0500

What a great morning, Jan! While my dad and I were installing a deer fence for
my wife's vegetable garden, I was listening to a Winter wren singing repeatedly
just 40-50 feet away... then I heard my FOS BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER sing a
few times, and then again a couple hours later... Spring has sprung!
Ed SchneiderForest Hills (Nashville)Davidson Co.

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 12:29:01 -0500
Subject: [TN-Bird] Black-and-White Warbler, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher,
Waterthrushes, Radnor Lake, Davidson Co
From: jankshaw1@xxxxxxxxx
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

4-1-2014Radnor LakeDavidson Co.
This morning I took my mom to Radnor Lake and we just walked from the east
parking lot down to the lake and back, spending some time on the boardwalk.
Despite the short distance, we saw some really nice birds. Highlights were:
wood ducks very close along the boardwalkblue-winged teal 7barred owl hairy
woodpeckers 2 matingbrown creeperblue-gray gnatcatcher FOSblack-and-white
warbler FOS
yellow-rumped warbler singingLouisiana waterthrush 2there was a distinct lack
of martins or swallows after seeing them there on Sunday
Also, a pair of chickadees and a pair of bluebirds are competing over a nesting
cavity in a small, dead tree on the east side of the boardwalk. Last week it
was the chickadees taking material out of the hole, but Sunday and today the
bluebirds had joined them. Once when the chickadee was inside the hole, the
female bluebird went in also. Five seconds later the chickadee flew out. They
sometimes perch on the same branch just a few feet from the hole.

Jan ShawNashville, TN