[TN-Bird] Re: Birds of Tennessee: A New Annotated Checklist

  • From: Lyda Phillips <lydap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx" <csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx>, TN-Bird Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 10:49:19 -0500

Congratulations!

Lyda Phillips
(301) 518-7538 (cell)
www.lydaphillips.com
writerworking.blogspot.com/

From: csloan1973@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 08:22:01 -0500
Subject: [TN-Bird] Birds of Tennessee: A New Annotated Checklist
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scott Somershoe and I are proud to announce that Birds of Tennessee: A New
Annotated Checklist has just been published. At the bottom of this message,
I've provided a link to the book on Amazon.com.
This project has been nearly six years in the making, and we are indebted to a
number of folks for their generous assistance. All of these folks are thanked
in the book (and will receive a free copy) but we also want to publicly thank
them here.
For reviewing and providing comments and
suggestions to drafts of this manuscript: Michael Bierly, Kevin Calhoon, Dean
Edwards, David Kirschke, Mike Todd, Mark Greene, Brainard Palmer-Ball, and Rick
Knight. In particular, the latter three
individuals – Mark Greene, Brainard Palmer-Ball, and Rick Knight – devoted a
significant amount of time to providing thoughtful, detailed comments,
suggestions, edits, and additional records, all of which significantly shaped
and improved the project.
For permitting us to use his beautiful photo on the cover: Ed Schneider.
For granting us access to TN NWR's waterfowl survey database: Robert Wheat.
We also plan to release a mobile app version of the book later this year, so
please send us feedback and corrections to birdsoftennessee@xxxxxxxxx.

Amazon Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Birds-Tennessee-New-Annotated-Checklist/dp/1507815751/
Chris Sloan