[TN-Bird] Re: Birding at Yuchi Wildlife Refuge and Elsewhere Today

  • From: tnbarredowl@xxxxxxx
  • To: dro_1945@xxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 21:31:08 -0400 (EDT)

I was working in that area yesterday and made a quick trip to Yuchi.
Shorebirds were present then also, same location.   I counted 4 Killdeer, 9
Lesser Yellowlegs, 6 Solitary and 8 Spotted Sandpipers, 36 Least, 2
Semipalmated and 1 Pectoral Sandpipers.  Due to high winds, I had little luck
with woodland birds, but did find a beautiful male Black-throated Green Warbler.

Damien Simbeck
Killen, AL