[TN-Bird] Birders for Turtles

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:10:49 EDT

Tennessee Birders,

I was asked to forward this message to make you aware of an  ongoing
situation here in TN and the mid-south. Wallace has given me  permission to
post
it here for your consideration. It is off TN-Bird's topic but  needs to be
brought to outdoor enthusiasts attention so they can make an  informed
decision to support or not. Just another piece of legislation or  decision
being
made that needs to have public input and should not be  driven only by the
influence of special interest groups.

Hi Jeff,
This is an issue that Audubon  Society of Central AR has been following in
AR.  Along with the Center for  Biological Diversity weâ??ve put pressure on
AGFC to change their  regulations.  TN conservationists have a chance to do
the same.   Please pass on this action alertâ?¦
Here is an online action  alert regarding Tennessee turtle harvest, to make
it easier for individuals  to send a message to the Tennessee Wildlife
Resources  Commission.
See
_http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2167/t/5243/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY'781_

(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2167/t/5243/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY'781)

Individuals are encouraged  to send in their own letter rather than a form
letter - this will be much more  effective with the commission.  It is
especially important for groups in  Tennessee and neighboring states to weigh
in.
Dan
Dan Scheiman,  Ph.D.
Bird Conservation Director, Audubon  Arkansas
1423B South Main  St.
Little Rock, AR   72202
dscheiman@xxxxxxxxxxx
501-244-2229
501-244-2231 (fax)
_http://ar.audubon.org_ (http://ar.audubon.org)

Good Birding  !!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington Road
Bartlett, TN  38135
http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/
What is this feathered thing that  lifts my heart to the  heavens.