[tn-bird] Re: Bird out of nest

  • From: Stephen and Julie <ssja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 21:47:51 -0400

I had a recent experience helping out a wren family which was living in one of
those new roosting pockets you can order from catalogs.  I had put the pocket in
a rhododendron bush.  The baby wrens seemed awfully crowded in there, and sure
enough, one was on the ground one day as I walked by.  I picked it up and
stuffed
it back into the pocket.  Then I worried day and night:  was it better for the
wren to be pushed out since they are crowded?  did it have an injury and is
suffering in there?  I needed more stuff to worry about.  But finally all three
young fledged successfully.  I like that gold star idea....thanks!!
Julie Adams
Athens, TN