[TN-Bird] Bird books to donate - OT of TN birds

  • From: FINCH64@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:22:05 EDT

I contacted our local Smyrna Public Library in reference to donating books to
the library. I have quite a collection of guides to birds in different areas
of the world - Australia, the Indian subcontinent, Wallacea, East Africa,
Southern South America just to name a few.

I know that as a kid if I walked into my local little public library and was
able to checkout a book like a huge Princeton publishers Guide to the Birds of
India and surrounding countries and was able to look at pages and pages of
beautiful exotic birds like babblers - I would have been a very happy lad
indeed.

So I contacted the library in reference to this but have heard nothing back
from them. I did consider that a donation like that might be relegated to the
Reference book section and that it also might create alot of work to make room
for a large number of books.

Is it possible that the Anne Tarbell Memorial Library could make use of these
books? I don't know if that library is only concerned with local birding.

I do still look at the books from time to time and I thought that if I
donated them to a local library I would still have the option to check them out
or
view them at the library but wherever they could be of use is actually more
important to me.

Thanks for advice from any birders. I know this has nothing to do with TN
birds at all.

Barry Jernigan
Murfreesboro, TN