[TN-Bird] Re: Bird Report Tools

  • From: K Dean EDWARDS <kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thornius@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:49:29 -0400 (EDT)

Nat,

What you want is ClipBird, a free piece of software developed
by Redshank Software in NC.  This is a Windows (also available
for Macs) program that puts up a checklist of birds.  You can
click to "check" off the birds seen.  You can add a note after
each species, e.g., to note how many seen, where, sex, age, etc.
You can even filter the list of birds by the official state list
(only a few states supported so far BUT TN is one of them) so
you don't have to scroll down through all those Storm-Petrels.

When you have entered all your birds, click on a button and the
list is copied to the Windows clipboard and can then be pasted
directly to the email message.

You can download ClipBird (version 1.3 was just released) for
FREE from the Redshank Software website at
http://www.redshanksoftware.com/

Disclaimer time:
I am not associated with Redshank Software but I do use ClipBird.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN