[TN-Bird] Re: Bird Id Help Needed/ Raptor Rescue.

  • From: KD Edwards <sparverius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jwilliamlamb@xxxxxxxxx" <jwilliamlamb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 14:14:59 -0600

Hate to call scaup from a single photo, but it looks like you have a mixed pair
of females.  Greater on the left, Lesser on the right.  Note the difference in
head shape.  Right bird has well defined peak behind the eye.  Left has
bulkier, rounder head with peak at or in front of the eye.  Bill larger for
left bird and black from nail appears spread out.

Nice.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN

Sent from my iPhone