[TN-Bird] Birchwood Warblers and Woodpeckers

  • From: Charles Murray <dro1945@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:26:42 -0400

I saw my first two warblers of this migration season at my home in Birchwood
(Hamilton County) this morning. A Canada warbler was a life bird for me, and I
also saw an American redstart. After waiting around two years for red-headed
woodpeckers to return, I'm now hearing or seeing at least two daily - at least
one adult and at least one first-year bird. They are attracted to peanut butter
suet in a log feeder. Four other woodpecker species were also observed today,
including two pileateds, as well as a Northern flicker, red-bellies, and downy
woodpeckers.

Charles Murray
Birchwood, TN