[TN-Bird] Birchwood Migrants and Others

  • From: Charles Murray <dro1945@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 16:08:42 -0400

By rearranging my Sunday morning routine today, I had 30 –
45 minutes to locate some migrant birds and others around home in Birchwood
(Hamilton County) before going to worship their Creator (Colossians 1:15-17;
Genesis
1:20-22). I observed a first-of-season rose-breasted grosbeak and a FOS scarlet
tanager. A few magnolia warblers and a chestnut-sided warbler were also
identified.
I’ve been seeing a pair of gray catbirds for the past few days and heard at
least one this morning, as well. I noted 19 species during that morning walk.
This afternoon I added a red-headed woodpecker and a female summer tanager with
a few others to reach 26 species by 4 PM.
Charles MurrayBirchwood, TN