[TN-Bird] Re: Bill Pulliam passing

  • From: Jud Johnston <rivendell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 10:49:57 -0500

Michael,

Thanks so much for letting us know. The wife and I are stunned; she met Bill when we drove up near his home a couple of years ago in pursuit of a tree sparrow. I worked with Bill (I drove, he found 90% of the birds) on the last Buffalo River Christmas Count. I had emailed him in the last month with a question about Ebird, which he responded to. Said his illness was lingering, but I never dreamed this would be the outcome. A remarkable man who will be greatly missed.

Jud Johnston

Waynesboro