[TN-Bird] Re: Bewick's Wren

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: TN-Bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:52:40 EDT

Sylvia,
When I lived on a farm in south-east Davidson county Bewick's Wren was a
resident, breeding species. This was in the extreme corner of the county with
Rutheford county line the south border of the farm and Williamson county the
west
border.
(We called this area L.A.-Lower Antioch.) They disapeared form there the year
before I left (2001.) Before that I had recorded them, at least a sighting or
two, every month of the year. I had seen them under the suit feeder gleaning
fallen morsels in winter months.

There are still a few Bewick's around Rutheford and Sumner county, but they
are a rare sighting elsewhere in middle Tennessee. I did have one singing
around my yard for a couple of days in suburban south-east Davidson county in
March
2003.

Richard Connors
Nashville TN