[TN-Bird] Best Tennessee State Parks for Birding

  • From: "Morton Massey" <massey6932@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:32:26 -0400

I have been asked to review some of the efforts by the Tennessee Dept of
Environment and Conservation on birding in our State Parks.  They are
creating some new brochures and updating websites as I understand it.

I bird heavily when I travel outside Tennessee but until recently have done
limited birding in the state.  When I travel I always use websites to help
in my research on where to go and what I might see.  Seems I end up at one
or more state parks wherever I go.  I've also been to a number of recently
created birding/nature centers in south Texas that focus on birds.  WOW
wouldn't it be great if Tennessee could open up one or two of these.

To the point of this email.  I would love to get some feedback from fellow
TN birders on what you think the best Tennessee State Parks are for birding.
When you list a park would you add a short note next to it as the reason you
think it is highly rated such as "great for migrants" or "wintering spot for
waterfowl".

Regards and good birding

Morton Massey

Knoxville