[TN-Bird] Re: Bells Bend Timberdoodles *CORRECTION

  • From: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:38:53 -0600

* since it was raining yesterday, I was not able to view the full moon rising
over Bells Bend...
I was actually there the night before last, March 7th.
Ed

From: ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Bells Bend Timberdoodles
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:09:19 -0600

I spent the afternoon and evening at Bells Bend yesterday, and the American
Woodcock arestill in full-on display mode. I know this is common knowledge, but
I advise anyone who hasnever witnessed this phenomenon to make a visit to the
Park soon. The easiest place to view/listen is the first "crossroads" just down
the hill from the Nature Center. I had 8-10 birds in this vicinity right around
dusk for about 45 minutes.
It was nice seeing them fly by the rising full moon, and even nicer to finally
get a decentphoto of a male mid-peent.
Good birding,
Ed SchneiderNashville