[TN-Bird] Bellevue Bald Eagle

  • From: "fekel" <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 13:41:03 -0600

River Plantation, Harpeth River
Bellevue, Davidson Co. TN
2015 Feb. 8

Early Sunday afternoon I walked out of the front door to check
on the birds at the feeder. I looked up and saw a large bird
soaring relatively low just a few hundred yards away. My first
thought was Turkey Vulture, but I quickly realized that it was
instead an adult Bald Eagle. Even with the increased frequency of
the eagles in the midstate, it was still a very pleasant surprise.
I called to my wife and she also managed to see it, as the bird
continued along the Harpeth River before circling a couple times
and eventually flying out of view.

Frank Fekel
Bellevue, TN
TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological Society Neither the society(TOS) nor its moderator(s)

                       Clemson, SC