[TN-Bird] Baird's Sandpipers - Murfreesboro

  • From: "Chloe Walker" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "chloebelle119@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: TN-Birds Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 17:04:15 -0700

8-22-14
Gateway Island, Murfreesboro, TN (Rutherford county)

Today, at 11:00 AM and later at 6:15 PM, my mom, sisters, brothers and I
checked Gateway Island in Murfreesboro (Rutherford county). The water is not
running so the pond is mostly empty, leaving perfect shorebird habitat. We were
very surprised to see and hear two Baird's Sandpipers (at least one juvenile;
the other was too distant) feeding near the bridge. They were both still
present when we left.

Other notable species seen:

Great Egret - 1
Osprey - 1
Least Sandpiper - at least two, likely more
Solitary Sandpiper - 1
Spotted Sandpiper - 2
Pectoral Sandpiper - 1

Chloe Walker