[TN-Bird] Backyard Bonanza! Hamblen Co.

  • From: "Kirk Huffstater" <kirkh_cg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:15:55 -0400

This morning was VERY birdy in my yard, so I took a bit of a walk around. In
about an hour I saw 44 species, including 10 species of warblers! The birdiest
spots were my hackberry trees, which had large, mixed flocks in them.
Highlights for me were as follows:

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (FOS), plus 4 more species of woodpeckers
Red-eyed Vireo (3)
Golden-crowned Kinglet (7)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (1)
Scarlet Tanager (1)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (1)
Hermit Thrush (1)
Swainson’s Thrush (1)

And the warblers were Black-and-white, Tennessee, Yellowthroat, Redstart,
Magnolia, Bay-breasted, Chestnut-sided, Pine, Yellow-rumped, and Black-throated
Green.

Not bad for a quick outing!

Cheers, and Good Birding,

Kirk Huffstater