[TN-Bird] August Warblers in our yard

  • From: "Tommy Curtis" <tcbirdwatch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird Post" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 14:58:28 -0500

August was a good month for us seeing warblers in our little yard with 15
species: Hooded, Yellow-throated, Cerulean, Worm-eating, Yellow, Northern
Parula, Blue-winged, Black-throated Green, Black-and-White, Kentucky,
American Redstart, Blackburnian, Pine, Magnolia, and Prothonotary (this one
was the second ever in our yard).  There were no spectacular warbler
mornings but we're retired and spend a couple of hours on our deck each day.
We had more tanagers and orioles this month than I can ever remember and
these made the time spent looking enjoyable as they brought several young
ones with them.

Tommy and Virginia Curtis

Smithville, TN

DeKalb County