[TN-Bird] Re: Assistance with Camera for Bird Photography

  • From: "John J. Walko" <walko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "shaawitya@xxxxxxxxxxx" <shaawitya@xxxxxxxxxxx>, tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:12:38 -0800 (PST)

Canon T3i is a popular starter (actually a GOOD camera) to start with. You can
get these at good prices by watching the ads from the diff big boxes, Best Buy,
Wally World, Target, Office Depot.

For birding minimum lense would be the 70-300 IS Telphoto, this is not a high
end lense but good to start out with. The IS is the important part of the whole
thing.  After this you can start using bigger lenses, by renting from Lens
Rentals.com for trips and special occasions. Then if you elect to carry a huge
camera & lense the skies the limit.

The right camera and camera adapter fit to the scope for digiscoping is the
best for those reallllly long distance shots.  But finding that right camera is
the hard part I have to agree.

Jay Walko
www.pbase.com/jwalko