[TN-Bird] Re: Are you ready to chase some Rusty's??

  • From: <dickpreston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <shelbyforester1223@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <routledges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "tn-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 23:06:32 -0600

March 3rd

I rarely get Rusty’s in the yard, but the snow, ice and bitter cold today
brought one early this morning. Had three by noon, and five just before sunset.
Maybe they know the blitz is on and just wanted to be counted?

Dick Preston
Munford, TN (Tipton Co.)

count is on

Sent: Monday, March 03, 2014 10:43 PM
Subject: [TN-Bird] Re: Are you ready to chase some Rusty's??

Count one Rusty Blackbird at my feeder at my house in nw Shelby County, then
thumping into the window, knocking himself goofy.

Retrieved and placed in the emergency shoe box for about a half hour until he
started fluttering again.  Released and sent on his very cold way.

vh
Millington, TN

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Cynthia Anne Routledge wrote:

  Tomorrow marks the launch of the Rusty Blackbird Blitz in Tennessee…which
will continue ALL of MARCH.

  And the “Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz” option should be available
on eBird…which is where we’re asking each of you to submit your Rusty Blackbird
observations under this protocol.

  During the Blitz if you have any special stories, sightings, photos or
interesting observation I’d love it if you’d send them on to me and I’ll pass
them on to appear on the Blitz Facebook page.

  Remember if you need any additional information about the Blitz you can
always visit http://rustyblackbird.org/outreach/migration-blitz/ or email me
directly.
  You can also check out place to look for Rusty's by visiting
http://www.tnwatchablewildlife.org

  Let’s get out there and find those Rusty Blackbirds and show everyone our
“Volunteer" birding spirit!

  Thanks!

  <")
    ( \